Reproducing a post from a friend who has developed a great tool:
APTonCD is on Feisty’s Universe right now!
This version is a sync of the current development tree (0.0.99+svn20070202) – 0.1 will be released soon. In this version, we have many more new features and bug fixes than the first beta. I hope to release a RC by next week.
The off-line documentation is pretty nice now and very useful, with description of the use as well as some tips and tricks – it can be accessed by the Help button on the GUI. The documentation is not finished yet, but it’s already usable and useful (wait for something in the next few days). Thanks to Rafael Sfair and Victor Jones.
If you’re testing Feisty, try to install the ‘aptoncd’ package (yah, sudo apt-get install aptoncd), use it, and please report any bugs found. Leave your suggestions and comments (which can be done directly by email to me). It will be greatly appreciated.
For non-Feisty users, wait for a RC with packages for Dapper, Edgy and Debian Etch in the next weeks.
This version includes:
- Support to create a CD/DVD repository with all your installed/downloaded (.deb) packages;
- Add custom, previously downloaded packages;
- Create a meta-package for easy reinstallation of all packages;
- Complete Restore support, restoring the packages back to cache from a media previously created or an .iso image;
- Auto-select dependencies of the selected packages;
The support to download an entire repository (or specific section of them) is on the way (it’s already done in the current svn repository, and it will be soon on feisty’s repository too).